Best Skincare Products For Babies
For new moms, bringing home a baby often comes with anxiety and uncertainty! As if preparing for the arrival of this newborn and getting a nursery in order wasn’t enough, new moms now have to weed through the abundance of products in the baby skin care category to treat common skin ailments like baby acne, diaper rash, eczema and cradle cap.
With that in mind, we’ve sampled everything from basic and luxury, to mom, dermatologist and pediatrician-approved products to give you our favorite picks that can help keep baby’s skin smooth, clean and healthy.
1. Exederm Intensive Baby Moisturizer: Free of fragrance, color, dyes, parabens, lanolin, formaldehyde and other irritants that can trigger eczema, this intensive non-irritating cream moisturizes and soothes red, itchy or cracked skin. It’s also ultra- sensitive, so it’s perfect for newborns.
2. Guess How Much I Love You – Ever So Gentle Lotion: Inspired by the beloved children’s book, this super-refined lotion with avocado oil and nine other emollients, has a very light powdery scent and gentle enough to use all over!
3. BabyGanics Bye Bye Dry Eczema Care Cream: Free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates and toxins, this plant-based cream that can be used for face and body, features ingredients like oatmeal and raspberry seed oil, and helps smooth away irritation/ roughness that’s often caused by extremely dry and eczema prone skin.
Bath & Cleansing
1. mum+bub Hair & Body Wash: From the popular baby line aden+anais, this 2-in-1 mild, tear-free and moisturizing wash features pawpaw (also know as the ‘wonder-fruit’), and is lightly scented with Australian Sandalwood. Free of phytoestrogen, parabens, petroleum oils, phthalates, gluten and soy.
2. Mustela PhysiObébé No-Rinse Cleansing Fluid: This gentle, soap-free, no-rinse pH-balanced fluid dissolves everything from dirt to water-resistant diaper creams. Featuring the brand’s signature scent, the fluid is hypoallergenic, tear-free, and soothes and moisturizes the skin with botanical extracts.
3. Weleda Calendula Cream Bath: Featuring organic calendula flower extract with sweet almond oil and beeswax (that helps protect skin and retain moisture), this all-natural Cream Bath is free from synthetic detergents making it extremely gentle to the skin.
4. Baby Sebamed Baby Wash: This ultra-mild, soap and alkali-free body wash has a pH value of 5.5 that matches the acidic pH level of healthy skin, which is great for baby’s delicate skin. Free formaldehyde, nitrosamines, dioxins and parabens, it’s also a no-tear, squalane and allantoin-rich formula that contains sugar tenside complex; a very mild cleansing agent that protects the skin against any dryness.
5. Noodle & Boo Soothing Body Wash: A mild body wash that contains allantoin and nutrient-rich milk protein; this product is soap-free and tearless. Mild enough for daily washes, it can also be poured right into the bath water for a moisturizing soak – a great option for babies with sensitive skin.
1. Booty BLAMtastic: A mess-free diaper rash cream, it provides an all-natural barrier of protection that’s free of preservatives and artificial fragrances. It also boasts ingredients like olive, coconut and sesame oils, along with beeswax and winter’s bark – which help protect against rash, chafing and skin irritation.
2. Lafes Baby Healing Cream: Made with ingredients like jojoba, olive, avocado, and peppermint oil, this diaper solution boasts anti-microbial properties of tea tree with natural anti-inflammatories (arnica, calendula and myrrh) to provide a fast soothing and gentle relief that doesn’t sting or irritate.
3. ABC Arbonne Herbal Diaper Rash Cream: This light, water-repelling diaper cream ointment helps rid baby from skin redness and irritation due to diaper-wear. Made with antioxidants, herbs and botanicals, it can also be used for minor cuts, burns, scrapes and sunburn.
1. California Baby Super Sensitive Suncreen: A chemical and fragrance-free SPF 30+ sunscreen, this gentle and easy-to-apply formula is great for sensitive skin. Containing titanium dioxide (it creates a broad-spectrum physical barrier between your skin and damaging UVA and UVB rays), is water-resistant and fairly concentrated, which means a little goes a long way!
2. ABC Arbonne Baby Care Suncreen: Made with ingredients like aloe, oat and shea butter oils, this PABA-free, light and gentle sunscreen is formulated with SPF 30+ and provides water-resistant broad-spectrum protection (with recommended application of every 40 minutes). It’s also formulated without nut oils and is non-irritating.
1. Baby Spa Calming Massage Oil: A blend of botanical oils (Sesame, Avocado, and Jojoba) and a certified Kendi Oil that is rich in antioxidants and Omega 3, this quick-absorbing and odorless massaging oil leaves baby’s skin smooth and hydrated. It’s also free of mineral oils and synthetic fragrances!
2. Naturalites Baby Oil: A combination of almond and macadamia oils, this Baby Oil also contains calendula, Roman chamomile and Bulgarian lavender that are a perfect mix for a gentle baby massage before or after a bath. The oil is sold as part of a Baby Skin Care Organic Kit that also contains a multi-purpose calendula ointment for use with diaper rash or other skin problems, and a natural organic soap – all of which are organic, vegan-friendly and cruelty-free.
1. Balmers Monkey Balm: A 100% homemade, all-natural multi-purpose balm features the amazing healing power of the sea buckthorn berry (a “Holy Fruit” that has been used for centuries across Asia and Europe to heal skin problems). The ingredient is clinically proven to soothe irritation and heal everything from diaper rash and cracked heels, elbows and lips, to skin abrasions caused by eczema, rosacea, sunburn, rashes, minor burns and born.
2. Mommy’s Bliss Sweet Slumber Baby Wash: A 3-in-1 wash for body, shampoo and bubble bath, this tear-free formula is made with natural soothing botanicals enriched with organic calendula, aloe and chamomile extracts. It’s free of alcohol, sulfates, phthalates and parabens; and features lavender, chamomile and ylang ylang – ingredients known to promote relaxation and sleep.
VIDEO | ARTICLES
Parent Exhaustion & Family Road Trips: 6 Safety Tips,
By Barbara Greenberg, PhDfamily road trip safety tips Summer road trips can be lots of fun but can also be risky. Consider the results of a Canadian study. According to a new survey conducted in Ontario, Canada by Angus Reid for Insurance Hunter,an online insurance quotes provider- parent drive...
Top Pinterest Pages To Polish Your Style,
Pinterest is all about what impassions you. That makes picking a few top boards about style incredibly tricky. Here are some beautiful choices that offer a glimpse into some very stylish people’s lives and loves. Polyvore: For anyone who has ever stood in a clothing store ponderi...
5 Stylish Beach Bags To Tote This Summer,
By Saba Salehi & Laura SchuffmanIt’s a quintessential summer staple that holds everything from lip balm to sunscreen, sunglasses to sarongs. We’re talking about the beach bag! Here are 5 stylish options to keep you looking “beachy keen" this season! 1. Fresh n’ Modern: We love Rag a...
All content © Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved.